Hey girl hey ! I’m back with the reading line up, check out the first one here. Do you remember back in high school when they would give you a summer reading list right before school closed for summer break? Some of the books were mandatory some were suggested, some popular. A few of the titles put you right to sleep and some of them kept you up all night reading. But of all those stories how many of them could you actually relate too? 1 in a million right. Today I am bringing you my summer reading list. I put this list of 12 books together to give you babes some fabulous titles to read while you tan on the beach or float in the pool. All these books are either written about plus size women, in the point of view of a plus size woman or written by a plus size author. I am working my way down the list and you should too. Take some time to yourself to just relax, read and stimulate your mind.
- You Have the Right to Remain Fat by Virgie Tovar
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love by Susan Renee
- The Not So Subtle Art of Being A Fat Girl: Loving The Skin You’re In by Tess Holiday
- Big Fit Girl: Embrace the Body You Have by Louise Green
- Curvy Yoga®: Love Yourself & Your Body a Little More Each Day by Anna Guest Jelley
- Big Gal Yoga: Poses and Practices to Celebrate Your Body and Empower Your Life by Valerie Sagun
- The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Style by Chastity Garner
- 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl: Fiction by Mona Awad
- Landwhale: On Turning Insults Into Nicknames, Why Body Image Is Hard, and How Diets Can Kiss My Ass by Jes Baker
- The Lighter Side of Large by Becky Siame
- The Fat Bridesmaid by Brooke Zaras
- Fat Chick, a novel by Lorraine Duffy Merkl
These books can be found online at Amazon.Com for download on the Kindle App or in your local Barnes & Nobles. But I recommend doing a google search to see if your local bookstore has it. It is important to support your local bookstores and libraries. If you’ve already read any of these titles let us know which one was your favorite but no spoilers please! What’s on your summer reading list? Can’t wait to hear from you 🙂
“Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” was the theme for this years Met Gala. Lace veils, headdresses, long trains, and jeweled embellishments we’re seen at every turn as the theme inspired looks took the Gala steps. Here are my favorites looks from the event, first up Rita Ora wearing Prada.I loved everything about this look from the floral headdress to the elegant Prada gown with it’s long sheer train, low back and multicolored colored details. Not to mention the long sequins gloves. Rita Ora served us with grace in her Prada, and you can tell by her posture that she felt like a queen in this gown. You know pink is my guilty pleasure and Tracee Ellis Ross is making it look oh so fabulous. Am I the only one catching Diana vibes ? I am also seeing some vintage inspiration in this Michael Kors Collection gown. Is it the glitter, the thick waist belt or maybe it’s Tracie’s hair? Whatever it is I am hear for it !
Here is another look that mesmerized me. So many things to adore about this gown Bee Shaffer wore to the Gala. First there is the ruffle one shoulder neckline that goes around and drops off the other shoulder and ties into a bow. Bows are another guilty pleasure I have. This shade of red definitely exudes power especially in such a voluminous proportion. Last but not least the scalloped skirt on this Valentino Haute Couture gown sealed the deal for me. Next up is Zenday-Bay-Bay in her Catholic chivalric suit of armor gown. I really appreciated that Daya took a different approach at the theme no headdress or fluffy romantic gown her. She looked like a warrior princess with her layered bodice and sleeves that resembled metal plates similar to the armor of Knights of the Catholic Church wore. Zendaya slayed in this Versace gown, someone definitely did their homework.Also in Versace, Music artist SZA took my breath away in this blush colored gown. Musical artist appeared soft and romantic from the waist up with her sweetheart neckline. But from the waist down demanded attention with voluminous layers of tulle and chiffon. She completed the look with embellished, pointed toe, thigh high boots and a half sphere rose gold headdress.
Cardi B’s is queen of the music charts right now and she came through dressed as such in this embellished Moschino gown. Glowing from head to toe the pregnant artist was accompanied by Jeremy Scott (head designer for brand Moschino) wearing a coordinated look to Cardi’s. Can you say “drip drip”? Cardi and Jeremy came through dripping in pearls and jewel tone stones the pair looked like royalty.Yara Shahidi looks oh so chic in her Chanel cocktail dress. I love the voluminous layers effect of the under dress in combination with the sparkly smooth overlay. I feel like the theme was a bit of a miss with this look but I still love it anyway. Yara thinking was probably you can never go wrong with a dress from Chanel and she was right.
Another dress I found rather uninspired by the theme but just fell in love anyway was this plum, velvet overall gown by Valentino. Cynthia Erivo saved the look by accessorizing with jewelry by both Eva Fehren and Maria Tash. Her dramatic nails and bold hair color choice made the look overall interesting but not as over the top with Catholic symbols as her peers.Dripping in liquid gold the bodice of this gown looks painted on actress Kerry Washington. This Ralph Lauren gown does all the work minimal accessories, makeup and hair styling need to steal the show. I also love the big hair big hem look it make her waist look EXTRA snatch.
Last but not least the blonde and the beautiful Blake Lively. Where to start? The beautiful beading detail on the bodice that fans out all over the skirt and train. Or the luxe color fabric combination, impeccable fit and dramatic train. This Versace gown is so amazing, the sheer panels allow a sexy peak-a-boo that elongated Blake’s already long legs. So much to take in from every angle this gown was absolutely gorgeous.
Who wore or designed your favorite Met Gala look? Let me know if the comments below, I love hearing from you babes ! Xo, Sherece.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
#1. Creme Of Nature Perfect Edges Hair Gel
Perfect Edges™ hair gel is infused with Argan Oil controls and holds down edges while moisturizing and adding Exotic Shine™ to the hair. Perfect for creating sleek, smooth styles; ponytails; and sculpting & styling the hair. Even if your wearing your hair down or a wash and go style this gel is perfect for just laying down those edges. Hold LASTS ALL DAY ! Perfect for all hair types natural or relaxed and smells so good. Nutrient-rich formula infused with Argan Oil from Morocco makes hair stronger unlike other gels that break and flake hair.
2. Beauty-So-Clean Conditioning Brush Cleaner
Applying your makeup with clean brushes and using clean makeup is so important for maintaining a healthy face. Clean your brushes using Conditioning Brush Cleaner to gently clean and conditions makeup brushes. Conditioner is safe for natural or synthetic bristles.
3. Dior Vernis – #742 SOPHISTICATEDFeed your color addiction with Dior Vernis. Shine. “Gel Coat” resins with intense purity combined with a Techno-Polymer transform each coat of enamel into a film as smooth and shiny as glass. Hold. Enriched with organic silicon, Dior Vernis strengthens the nail surface for extra-long wear. The Techno-Polymer creates a seamless bond between the nail and the enamel for exceptionally long staying power.
4. Fenty Beauty By RIHANNA Match Stix TrioWith Match Stix Trios, take your complexion to the next level without the guesswork. Each set comes with two Match Stix MATTE Skinsticks (conceal, contour), and one Match Stix SHIMMER Skinstick (highlight) —all of which are weightless, easy to blend, and don’t transfer. The cream-to-powder formulas are so seamless, it’s impossible to tell where skin ends and makeup begins. Skinsticks are made to be layered in a range of combos that light up all skin tones.
#5. BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eye Shadow Palette
The stars will truly align when you use this baked eye shadow palette with 18 versatile shades. This palette includes a range of out of this world colors that work for everyone. From everyday neutrals to vibrant metallic hues, your look will undoubtedly be Galaxy Chic!